Saturday, March 23, 2013

Training: Week 4

I’m still really stoked to be training for the marathon, which has helped getting up at 5:30am for training runs. Last week I found that I was developing some chafing on my upper thighs. After doing a bit of research online, I decided that some compression shorts might be helpful. I don’t know that I can be bothered applying body glide for every training session – particularly so early in the morning. Turns out Rebel Sport had compression shorts 30% off last weekend, so I picked up a pair of Body Armor shorts – and they did the trick. Feels so much more comfortable running in them. Not sure that the ‘compression’ aspect will make any difference to my muscles etc, but it has eliminated chafing!

This week I ran:
  • Tues – 5k (Ave pace 6:43/km)
  • Thurs – 5k (Ave pace 6:23/km)
  • Sat – 9k (Ave pace 6:36/km)

So I feel I am improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment